What is Laser Alexandrite?
Laser Alexandrite ARION III is the most effective and painless method of hair removal with permanent results.
This method has been safely used in aesthetic dermatology since 1998 for hair removal, the treatment of facial erythrosis, spots etc. It produces a 755nm radius and directly targets hair melanin as it causes thermal necrosis of the bulb, without affecting the surrounding skin.
Laser Alexandrite ARION III has excellent results, offering optimum skin protection at the same time. Results are also excellent when it comes to thin hair. In addition, this method can be safely used on dark or tanned skin provided that the appropriate adjustments of its parameters have been applied, depending on skin colour or sun exposure rate.
It is recommended in cases of bursitis, because it is the only method that completely weakens the hair and promotes skin rejuvenation.
How many sessions are required?
The number of sessions and the time in-between applications depend on various factors, such as:
- The stage of hair growth: It is important that sessions are conducted during the phase of hair growth (regenerative phase). During this stage, melanin concentration is greater and hair roots are closer to the follicle base, where the concentration of regenerating cells is thicker resulting in direct hair elimination.
- Hair colour and thickness as well as skin colour: The lighter the skin is and the darker the hair is the better and quicker results we can achieve. Laser Alexandrite ARION III can be safely applied to dark skins and even tanned ones, as we can adjust the parameters of the laser beam and make it safe to use in these cases too.
At this point, it is important to mention that if hormone-dependent areas contain sparse hair, white or blonde hair, then we recommend other methods of hair removal such as: radical hair removal with needle, photothermolysis IPL, enzyme hair removal or a combination of these methods.
- The appllication area: At this point, it is important to mention that if hormone-dependent areas contain sparse hair, white or blonde hair, then we recommend other methods of hair removal such as: radical hair removal with needle, photothermolysis IPL, enzyme hair removal or a combination of these methods.
Non-hormone-dependent areas such as arms, armpits, legs, bikini will require about 6-8 sessions and the repetition rate is every 50-60 days.
- Hereditary factors or hormonal disorders: In these cases, we have difficulty in obtaining the final result. It would be ideal to follow a simultaneous treatment and regulation of the hormonal changes the individual may have. Treatment can be carried out along with hair removal.
In Mediterranean skin types, hair loss is noticeably reduced by up to 50% after the third session and there is a change in the density, thickness and colour of the hair after each session until it reaches its permanent destruction or fluffiness.
How safe is the Laser Alexandrite method?
The Laser Alexandrite ARION III hair removal method is a safe and effective method, as it is recommended for all skin types because it is possible to adjust the laser parameters so that it can be safely applied in all cases. In Kalmia Beauty Salon hair removal is carried out by specialized beauticians, graduates of the Technological Educational Institute (TEI), where they have been taught hair removal during their studies and they know how lasers act and operate. In addition, within the framework of training, the ARION company provides us with all the theoretical and practical knowledge required for this hair removal system.
It is very important for the user to observe all safety rules, including obtaining the medical history of the client as well as checking the area for any skin damages prior to application.
Moreover, lasers have been used and applied for decades in medicine and medical aesthetics. Regarding safety, this method does not pose any risk to the body as it is absorbed almost exclusively by hair melanin.
It is safe for the organs as the depth of penetration is minimal and does not reach the glands or vital organs. It is the safest and most effective method of hair removal even on the most sensitive parts of the body.
How painful is this method?
Laser Alexandrite is a painless method of hair removal, thanks to the automatic cooling mechanism that comes with its cold air device. On more sensitive areas, a topical anesthetic cream is recommended that reduces and almost nullifies the pain.
Contra-indications for hair removal using Laser Alexandrite
Laser hair removal is the exciting and effective method that has been recently added to the other hair removal methods. It has long-term, fast and permanent results. However, there are some contra-indications, such as:
- Active herpe in the area
- During treatment with retinoids
What should I do following a Laser Alexandrite session?
- It is recommended to apply a moisturising and soothing topical cream
- Avoid exposure to the sun for 15 days
- Do not apply peeling on the area
- After application, a (desired) mild erythema develops on the treated area which disappears after a few minutes
- We do not use other hair removal methods until the next session.